Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions of use shall govern your use of the platform and its deferent components (including website, mobile app, etc.). By using this platform, you expressly accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions in full:
- Intellectual Property: all contents, logos and other visual media contained in the platform are ZiRRA and Ahmed Kathrada Foundation property and are protected by all South African copyright laws. Any information used for research, publicity, etc. obtained from the platform should reference or credit ZiRRA and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation accordingly.
- Incident reporting: users that report racism incidents on our App and various platforms agree that the information they provide is accurate and true. Information in this instance shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material users choose to send to this platform;
- User Responsibility: as a user of the platform, you agree to ensure that the use of our services and information is not for purposes that are unlawful or incite abuse, hate, threaten and intimidate any person. Accordingly, ZiRRA and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation will not be responsible for the misinterpretation/misrepresentation of our content and information by users and any legal action taken against a user due to the above;
- Accuracy: ZiRRA and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation will do its absolute best to verify and ensure that all information contained on the platform regarding racism incidents are accurate and true to the best of our knowledge. However, ZiRRA will not take responsibility for misrepresented information as we rely heavily on reports sent to us by the public. ZiRRA and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation do not take responsibility for the accuracy of all reports. The platform relies on accurate collective reporting from contributors who truly want to help in the fight against Racism;
- User Consent: users of the platform automatically provide consent by voluntarily completing and uploading information on racism incidents and uploading videos, pictures, etc. on the App. The system allows for attaching pictures and videos of racism incidents. These will be used for verification purposes and can be uploaded to our platforms after the removal of any identifiable images or audio recordings of individuals. ZiRRA and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation will assume copyright over uploaded photos and/or videos and information. This information will anonymously feed into research. The research findings and recommendations may assist with: (i) the prevention of future incidents; (ii) intervention preparedness for future crisis and (iii) Statistics and pinpointing areas most affected by racism. No individual benefits or rewards are offered. By submitting this information/these photo(s) and/or video(s) and/or audio files, you agree to participate in the research;
- Links to Other Web Sites: ZiRRA and the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation will not be responsible for any third-party websites that are linked to the platform. Users are responsible for reading and agreeing (or disagreeing) with the Terms and Conditions or Privacy Policies of these third parties.
For clarification on these terms and conditions or more information on the ZiRRA platform, please contact us on:
Tel: 011 854 0082
Cell: 072 4772 685