Opportunity closing date:
Friday, 9 July, 2021
- To develop and manage the anti-racism programme of the AKF.
- To provide support to the Anti-racism network of South Africa.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the anti-racism strategies and programmes of the AKF
- Provide support to the Anti- racism Network of South Africa
- Develop and lead anti-racism campaigns
- Development of anti- racism information and training materials;
- Manage the anti-racism reporting app;
- Establish and manage relationships with donors for anti-racism work
- Initiate and manage anti-racism research and dialogue programmes;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with institutions and organisations focused on anti-racism work;
- Keeping abreast of anti- racism work and outputs from institutions and organisations nationally and globally;
- Represent the AKF at meetings and events related to anti-racism;
- Work closely with all other programmes in the AKF, to mutually reinforce their work and the anti-racism programme.
- Raise funding for the anti-racism programme.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Knowledge of racism, anti-racism and non-racialism;
- Good administrative, analytical, writing, facilitation and presentation skills
- Understanding of the legislative and policy environment relevant to
- anti-racism work in South Africa;
- Experience in anti-racism work.
- Ability to lead projects and programmes
- Ability to write fundraising proposals
- Ability to work under pressure
- A valid driver’s licence
- The applicant must have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree. This must preferably be in the social sciences area.
Salary Range: R240 – R360 000 per annum (all inclusive salary)
Place of work: Please note our offices are located in Lenasia, South of Johannesburg.
Closing date for applications: 9th July (before 5pm) Applications and CV’s must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with after the closing date.