- To develop and implement a programme of youth activism development through the establishment of community youth clubs. The AKF is aiming to establish a minimum of 10 such clubs per year over a ten year period.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of a youth activism development strategy for the AKF;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the programme of establishment of the youth clubs;
- Coordinate the implementation of activism and youth mobilisation dimension of campaigns and programmes initiated and or supported by the AKF;
- To ensure that the youth clubs and their members undergo a programme of political education and training;
- To establish the necessary support programmes for the overall wellbeing of the members of the clubs;
- To mobilise resources for the programme and
- To build the required networks and support systems to ensure the sustainability of the programme.
Skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of social justice issues and youth activism;
- Good administrative, analytical, writing, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Programme and project planning and management;
- Financial management skills;
- Ability to lead projects and programmes;
- Ability to write proposals, presentations and reports;
- Ability to work under pressure and
- A valid driver’s licence.
- The applicant must have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree. This must preferably be in the social sciences area.
Must be committed to advancing and deepening non-racialism.
Salary Range : R360 000 per annum( all inclusive salary)
Place of work: Please note our offices are located in Lenasia, South of Johannesburg.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2020
Motivational letters and CV’s must be sent to: email@example.com