The seminar was hosted by the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation, supported by the Business Leadership South Africa, Business Unity South Africa and the Congress of Business and Economics.
The seminar forms part of a series of workshops and seminars, which will lead up to; and then succeed a conference in October focused on tackling issues of state capture.
The seminar focused on the following areas:
- How McKinsey and Trillian drained Eskom of millions – by Mail & Guardian investigative journalist, Sabelo Skiti
- The role of Bain and KPMG in capturing SARS – by Robyn Foley, Complex Systems in Transition, Stellenbosch University
- Hear from KPMG about what they are doing to make amends for their involvement in state capture;
- The impact of Steinhoff’s collapse on the state – by Daily Maverick and Scorpio journalist and former Financial Mail Deputy Editor, Sikhonathi Manshantsha;
- Panel discussion on the role of organised business in ensuring ethical behaviour: BUSA and the CBE.