Ahmed Kathrada Foundation youth clubs aim to get young people actively involved in addressing social, environmental & political issues in their communities.
“Remember that no struggle in any part of the world was won in the drawing rooms and conference tables…we must at all times know that, as with the struggles of all peoples, the main brunt will have to be borne by the youth”
- To create safe spaces where young people in the community can discuss, debate and learn about contemporary issues.
- To organise youth towards community/social change by means of campaigning, hosting events and stakeholders.
- To develop an active citizenry focused on sustainable development and upliftment of their communities.
- To promote the values and principles of Ahmed Kathrada, The Freedom Charter and The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
The youth clubs will serve as a tool for young people to be progressive active citizens who, through an Education & Training programme are equipped with the required skill base, information and knowledge to successfully address social justice issues in their communities and around the world.
A non-racial, non-sexist, equal and just South Africa. Communities that can harness the full potential of their youth to contribute to greater community change.
Youth trained on workbook:
Active Community Youth Clubs:
- Kathrada Foundation mourns the death of Archbishop Tutu
- AKF Vacancy : Community Facilitators to support an EU funded project
- AKF Vacancy: Finance and Administrative officer to support an EU funded project
- AKF Vacancy: Project Manager to Support an EU funded project
- International campaign to bring back the Guptas
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.